Whether you are looking to avoid the capital outlay of buying a new dehumidifier or you would like to test the efficacy before buying a larger model, our second-hand dehumidifiers are a cost effective alternative. Our experienced staff can assist you in choosing the right dehumidifier for your needs. Asthma-causing dust mites, damp rooms, water damage, wet walls, floors, and windows will be a thing of the past! Air dryers with built-in air purifiers are also available.
About Damp Control
Damp Control is the dehumidifier and air purifier shopping portal for CFW Dryers, a subsidiary of the CFW Industries Group that has been operating in South Africa since 1966, with offices in Cape Town and Joburg. CFW Industries has diverse mechanical engineering operations (industrial fans, industrial ventilation, temperature and humidity control, dust extraction and related applications) with customers throughout Southern Africa and globally.
CFW Domestic Dryers was formed to provide focused customer service to the domestic and light commercial customers requiring dehumidifiers and air purifiers as well as related humidity control products. We offer practical application advice and technical after-sales service provided by in-house professional engineers with over 20 years of experience. Whereas other vendors may seek to sell you a quick solution, we pride ourselves on building a relationship with our clients and providing high quality solutions that last. We repair dehumidifiers and have a servicing department that carries a wide range of spares for dehumidifiers. We provide dehumidifier courtesy units to customers if we do not have stock of a specific component and need to import articles. We also provide affordable dehumidifier rentals, on a long-term or short-term basis.
Our Services Include
- Dehumidifier sales
- Air Purifier sales
- Humidifier sales
- Industrial dehumidifier sales
- Rental of dehumidifiers for commercial / industrial use, and emergency flood damage drying
- Technical after-sales support
- Repair of CFW dehumidifiers
- Offices in Cape Town & Johannesburg
- Free Delivery Countrywide! (South Africa)
- Design and manufacture of custom dehumidifiers
- Home dehumidifier rentals
- Industrial dehumidifier rentals (e.g. for flood damage)
- Sales and trade-in of used dehumidifiers
- Humidity control equipment consulting
- Sales of combination dehumidifier / air-purifier units
- Online sale of dehumidifiers, humidifiers and air purifiers
- One year product guarantee! (valid if no sign of external damage)
- Pay online with credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or Standard Bank / Nedbank debit card
TABLE 1 – A Rough Guide to Required Moisture Extraction based on Area and Dampness
|Area to Be Dehumidified||Moisture Accumulation in litres per 24 hour day|
|Sq. Meters||Mild Damp||Moderate Damp||Damp||Wet||Very Wet|
*Mild Damp – Space feels mildly damp, increased risk for mould & dust mites, isolated damp problems, condensation droplets may appear.
*Moderately Damp – Space feels damp, condensation droplets may appear, has a musty odour only in humid weather.
*Damp – Space feels very damp and has a musty odour, especially in humid weather. Damp spots may appear on walls and floor.
*Wet – Space feels and smells wet. Walls or floor sweat, or seepage is present
*Very Wet – Walls sweat and floor is almost always wet.