Last Updated May 2013
What Personal Information About Customers Does Dampcontrol.co.za Gather?
CFW Dryers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569. The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Dampcontrol.co.za. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes for example your Name, Date of Birth, Address, Email, Telephone Number, Fax Number. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Dampcontrol.co.za or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Dampcontrol.co.za on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: We provide an opt-in newsletter option which may from time to time be sent to you with information regarding our product special offers or company news. You will be able to unsubscribe from this newsletter.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Dampcontrol.co.za Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Dampcontrol.co.za controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit / debit card payments (e.g. Paygate), and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Dampcontrol.co.za and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Dampcontrol.co.za, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: We will only share information about you to third parties with your express consent.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Your credit / debit card information is entered directly into the secure site of our payment vendor (Paygate), and is not known to us.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Which Information Can I Access?
Dampcontrol.co.za gives you access to all the information about your account and your orders from Dampcontrol.co.za for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- There is an opt-in newsletter option upon account creation. If you no longer want to receive a newsletter e-mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Dampcontrol.co.za, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- When using Dampcontrol.co.za you are choosing to abide by our Conditions of Use and the Privacy Notice.
Are Children Allowed to Use Dampcontrol.co.za?
Dampcontrol.co.za does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Dampcontrol.co.za only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Dampcontrol.co.za, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of South Africa. If you have any concern about privacy at Dampcontrol.co.za, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use may change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.