The bedroom is where people go to relax and sleep after a long day of work. Sometimes it may not be as relaxing as desired, especially when the humidity is higher than usual. The presence of relative humidity above 50% has a negative impact on the quality of air and it is one of the ways in which many health hazards start developing in the room. Furthermore, such high humidity leaves us feeling physically uncomfortable, since our bodies cooling systems are not able to function correctly. The poor air quality in the room will not only lead to respiratory problems but will also leave unpleasant smells. Over time, moulds, fungus and mildew may begin to appear. The presence of the moisture in the room will also result in condensation as the air passes over cool surfaces. The consequences thereof include the peeling of the wallpapers and blistering of paints. Wooden furniture will start warping and the metallic fixtures will start showing signs of rust. All these features will make the room uninhabitable and spoil the prized possessions of the users. In order to prevent such a situation, homeowners should invest in a dehumidifier for their bedroom.
The following should be considered in order to ensure the best results when using dehumidifiers for bedrooms:
- The ideal location to place your bedroom dehumidifier is somewhere easy to access, away from other items in the room such as furniture and cabinets, as these will impede the circulation of air and thereby its collection by the dehumidifier. Some dehumidifiers are designed to be wall-mounted, and should have space for airflow above and below the device. They should also be kept away from places where dirt and debris are attracted to because this will impede its functioning.
- Keep furniture away from outside walls to permit air circulation. Cool areas behind furniture will be high humidity areas conducive to mold growth. Periodically vacuum upholstered furniture to remove skin fragments that create an environment conducive to dust mites.
- If outside temperatures are warm then it is recommended that users ensure that the bedroom windows and the doors are closed. This enhances the effectiveness of bedroom dehumidifiers, since the influence of air from outside sources is reduced.
- Maintenance is very important. The dehumidifiers for bedrooms should be regularly maintained so that they are always in good working condition.
When shopping for the best dehumidifiers for bedrooms, one finds many different types and brands, which may make it difficult to pick the best one. The tips below will guide you in the process.
- Type: There are many different types of dehumidifier and the selection will depend on your environment and needs. However, for summer months, the refrigerant type is ideal and in the winter, the desiccant type is best.
- Noise levels: Bedroom dehumidifiers must function quietly in order to facilitate sound sleep. Look out for dehumidifiers with low noise levels (less than or equal to 48 dbA).
- The size: The capacity of the dehumidifier will depend on the size of bedroom and the amount of humidity in the room. While considering the size, one should consider extraction capacity, and the size of the reservoir.
- The cost: The price of these dehumidifiers varies dramatically but a homeowner can usually find one that fits their needs and budget. There are often good promotions, but always be aware of quality.
- Repair and Maintenance: It is important to select a store that not only offers dehumidifiers for the bedroom, but also provides the repair and maintenance services necessary to ensure that they remain operational. We provide a 12 month warranty and can also repair your unit for an affordable price.